Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Confusing InterWeb Interconnections

Since the advent of the World Wide Web in the early 90's (the Web, not to be confused with the Internet; one is a subset of the other), I have had a web site or a blog of some type. Most of my instances on the Web have died and gone away but some are still out there. This becomes a problem when a company which used to host my site gets absorbed by a larger company and my older stuff now lives all mixed with my newest stuff and new links take people to old sites.

Such is the case right now whereas some of my old profiles got brought back to life and my new links somehow take people to websites I no longer maintain. Case in point is Google. It seems Google now owns every company I ever hosted a site with. So, if I post a comment somewhere and you try to follow my profile you may find yourself at any of a number of old blogs that will confuse the heck out of you. Lately, I notice that people end up at my old gardening blog, which I no longer maintain.

I apologize for that. I am trying to create links on my old blogs and sites to direct people to my new blogs and sites but I don't know how effective that move has been. Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment